Pipeline simulator and surge analysis software - Analyse pipeline design and performance - Synergi Pipeline Simulator
Synergi Pipeline Simulator is a software solution that enables hydraulic modelling for pipeline design, online leak detection, surge analysis and pipeline optimization
Synergi Pipeline Simulator software for pipeline design enables you to optimize operations and improve performance for pipelines or networks. The pipeline simulator provides transient flow simulation for both liquid and gas pipelines. It provides a complete range of pipeline simulation solutions, from pipeline design and planning desktop, through operator training and qualification to on-line systems, including leak detection and predictive pipeline simulation.
Pipeline design and performance analysis
Internationally recognized as an industry leader in pipeline design, simulation and analysis, Synergi Pipeline Simulator is used by engineering, planning and operations divisions to facilitate pipeline design and improve performance. The pipeline simulator software can be used to eliminate operational problems for networks transporting natural gas, dense phase gas or liquids.
What you get with Synergi Pipeline Simulator software:
- State-of-the-art hydraulic model and GUI
- Optional OPC connection to real-time pipeline data (via SCADA or DCS) provides critical pipeline information
- Pipeline simulator models pipes, headers, block valves, check valves, regulators, compressors/pumps, heat exchangers and PID controllers
- Graphical configuration in the pipeline simulator to model unique pipeline layouts and simulate operations for pipeline design and analysis
- Can be used off-line for pipeline design and analysis or on-line as a powerful decision support tool
Surge analysis software
Synergi Pipeline Simulator provides efficient surge analysis modelling for value closures, pump trips, bubble collapse, waterhammer and advanced workflows. With the surge analysis software you can model pipeline surge relief valves and other relief systems. Pipeline simulator results can be exported to support pipe stress analysis. You can configure various types of surge models, analyse results, and improve surge analysis study productively with the software.
A Synergi Pipeline Simulator configuration can be used with all Synergi Pipeline Simulator modules, allowing the same model to be re-used for multiple applications, i.e. a surge analysis model can be connected to SCADA to provide on-line Leak Detection or re-used as a trainer. The surge analysis software reduces costs for training and software.
Pipeline operator training
Training pipeline controllers so they are ready from day one to maximize operational revenue is a challenge that faces many operators, particularly on new pipelines. With the module Synergi Pipeline Simulator Trainer companies are able to ensure the readiness of pipeline controllers prior to build completion.
With Synergi Pipeline Simulator software you can:
- Perform detailed pipeline design, including design of equipment and operating procedures
- Ensure security of supply by predicting potential issues before they occur
- Perform "what if" analysis on liquid and gas systems to plan pipeline design and maintenance extensions
- Detect and locate pipeline leaks in real-time
- Track scrapers on gas and liquid systems and see when they will arrive at receiving stations
- Monitor gas quality and blending from multiple sources
- Track multiple batches in liquid systems and see when interfaces will arrive at delivery points
- Train pipeline operators using ‘flight simulator’ style training systems
- Manage the whole pipeline operator qualification process to satisfy HSE requirements
- Minimize system downtime with robust, reliable and accurate simulation 24/7
Synergi Pipeline Simulator software modulesSynergi Pipeline Simulator is a fully integrated, configurable suite comprised of a core simulation engine with specific modules including:
- Statefinder – DNV GL’s unique method of distributing and removing error
- Leakfinder – pipeline leak detection and location
- Predictor – ‘lookahead’ analysis and contingency planning
- Trainer – flight simulator style trainer using operational interface to provide a realistic SCADA HMI
Our professional Consulting experts in DNV GL utilize industry best practices, combining engineering domain knowledge with product based software solutions, to help you maximize your return on investment and get the pipeline simulator solution in place.